Friday, June 24, 2011

One day at a time!

 As a wife of a Combat Veteran PTSD wife, girlfriend, family or friends you just have to take life day by day! You really can't tell what the future will hold. Some days I wake up and think it is going to be a great day! Then sometimes it only takes one little thing to turn that great day into a really bad day in the blink of an eye. Even though we have been through so much since he has been back I have never ever given up on him or us! I think that is the most important thing that the Veteran needs to know that you are always on their side no matter what! There has been plenty of times when I think to myself that I just can't go on anymore dealing with his PTSD. Then I think what would happen our family. I want to be the great wife but sometimes life can be too much dealing with PTSD.
 Then I think to myself that I am complaining and I want to know what is wrong with me? I have nothing to complain about he was the one fighting for our freedom and was at war. I know that he was in Iraq fighting but I was here in Texas dealing my own war. I saw all of the people that didn't support the troops and they made sure everyone knew that. I saw signs that said they hope that all of the US Troops are killed and do not make it back home. As an American, Marine Wife, Human Being I couldn't believe that they were saying and putting this on signs. It made me sick to think that my husband and all of the Troops where fighting for people to act like this. It took everything that I had to keep my mouth shut most of the time. If you didn't support the President fine but not supporting the Brave Troops then that is another thing. The troops were over there doing their duty what they signed up to do.
 Now that it has been almost 10 years since the war started it seems like everyone forgets about the troops that came home. No one talks about Combat PTSD and you will never hear about it since it is something that you can't see. You can see someone who lost an arm or leg but you are not sure if  someone has combat PTSD unless you talk to them. I am not saying that the Troops who have lost a limb are any less than my husband but I just was just comparing what people can see. There are Troops that come home and instead of having someone they can go to they kill themselves. All Combat Veterans are IMPORTANT not just the ones who come back with something wrong!
 I have asked my husband what I can do for him? He just wants me to listen to him and sometimes he just needs to know how much I love him. I tell him each day how much I love him, that he is a blessing to me, he is a great daddy to our babies and that I will always be here for him! I try to never make him feel like he is doing a bad job as my husband or daddy. I know that fights do happen and they are no fun. My love for him is always there and I know that we can make it through anything!
 Life is hard but loving someone with Combat PTSD is harder! With God, Family and Friends on my side I am going to be alright!
God Bless you and your Family!
~Semper Fi~

No comments:

Post a Comment